Cubs Minor League Recap for April 5, 2012

A screen grab from my First inning player page, keeping track of the players on my top 16 list.

As for the games, you can find the results here at their organizational page for the Cubs.

@Iowa 5 - Round Rock 3; Rizzo, Jackson, Campana with 2 hits each and a stolen base each. W. Castillo hit twice by a pitch and with a catcher's interference call against him. R. Wells started and got the win going 6 innings and giving up 3 runs. Corpas with 2 shutout innings and S. Maine with the save.

Tennessee 4 - @Chattanooga 1; N. Struck goes 6 IP, 10 K, 1 BB, 1 ER, 4 H; Adduci, Watkins, Ha and Bour with multi-hit games and Bour with a HR. F.Batista got the save(1 IP/1K/0 BB) and K. Rhoderick a hold (2 IP/2 K/0 BB).

@Brevard County 11 - Daytona 4; Cubs lose to Brewers prospect and #12 overall draftee from last season T. Jungmann; Torreyes, Silva and Alcantara with multi-hit games. Loosen, Wallach and Kirk all tagged for multiple runs.

Peoria 5 - @Beloit 2; M. Jensen throws 5 scoreless innings, K. Burke with a hold and J. Lorick goes 2 innings, gets 3 K's and the save. DeVoss was busy; 1/5 with 3 K's, 1 E and helped turn 2 double plays. Multi-hit games for W. Darvill and Pin-Chieh Chen. Chen tripled and had an outfield assist.

Comments

I had B Jackson leading the team in steals in the survey the other day, so they better get working on that Marlon Byrd trade. But I can wait a week. I see the I Cubs in Round Rock next week and I'd like to see him play first.

I believe that's the deal I suggested over the offseason. Not sure where Lannan fits at this point other than the pen, but his usefulness comes from his ability to pitch innings more than anything.

lannan fits as far away from the cubs as possible.

he gets a lot of positive press for a guy that makes paul maholm look awesome.

Well...he looks a lot like Maholm....meh. Whichever...pass.

Rob -- Thanks for these updates. I am a big fan of our minor league and, with the look of this year's Cubs, this might be the most exciting part of the season (at least until Jackson and Rizzo get to Chicago).

Does anyone know if the San Diego compensation has ever been completed? It was supposed to be before opening day.

Haven't heard anything official yet myself

Your firstinning account is looking much slimmer and more fit than mine.

I need to start trimming my roster.

I needed a cutoff, so top 16 seemed good enough. There's obviously a few interesting guys out there beyond that and I'll mention and add them as I see fit.

Justin Bour, for example, keeps enticing me to think he's someone worth watching although I should know better.

I had that same issue with Bour.

I think I'm at around 50 right now, which is just too much to keep track of in the time I have. I'll probably try to figure out who are the 20 or 25 guys I'm most interested in. I have some guys just because I want to see what they do and not because they are the most interesting prospects--Yao-Lin Wang and Logan Watkins are among that group. They make it hard to cut the numbers down, though, and then I come away from the site with nothing because it's just a jumble.

pardon me if I missed this, but where's Junior Lake and why didn't he play last night?

I think Ariz Phil said he was going to open the year on the 7 day DL with Tenn - back issues? can't remember the specific injury.

Fri, 04/06/2012 - 10:24am โ€” Rob G.

=============================================

ROB G: Junior Lake is on the 7-day DL with a back strain.

I added a DL section to the TCR Depth Chart. yesterday.

---
Padres comp supposed to be done by April 15th but I might be crossing up my organizations and previous articles (Red Sox/Padres).

I found this older tweet from Feb 23rd, CBS/Scott Miller:

Scott [email protected]
Compensation from #Cubs to #Padres for Hoyer will be low-level minor leaguer aand probably happen late spring. Will be b4 opening day.

Supposedly Junior Lake is out with a bad back

• QuietMan 1 hour 29 min ago view
  • FYI, formatting of the web page is weird.

JoePepitone 4 hours 3 min ago view
  • Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.

Jackstraw 4 hours 14 min ago view
  • White Sox new stadium name w apropos logo

jacos 4 hours 56 min ago view
  • it was between that and "more like the CRUNCH REALLY EARLY AM REPORTER because i'm gonna c.r.e.am all over this place."

i chose the classy route.

• Rob G. 5 hours 8 min ago view
  • that was the 2nd greatest piece of performance art since Donald Trump's campaign

• ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€ good shit goเฑฆิ sHit๐Ÿ‘Œ thats โœ” some good๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œshit right๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œthere๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ rightโœ”there โœ”โœ”if i do ฦฝaาฏ so my self ๐Ÿ’ฏ i say so ๐Ÿ’ฏ thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: สณแถฆแตสฐแต— แต—สฐแต‰สณแต‰) mMMMMแŽทะœ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘ŒะO0ะžเฌ OOOOOะžเฌ เฌ Ooooแต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘“๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘“๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽฉ euphoric logic !euphoric loGic๐Ÿ‘Œ thats โœ” some euphoric๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ’ป logic right๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ’ปthere๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ Carl ๐Ÿ”ญ Sagan๐ŸŒŒ๐Ÿ’ซif i do ฦฝaาฏ so gentlemen ๐Ÿ’ฏ i say so ๐Ÿ’ฏ thats euPhoric logic right there Richard ๐Ÿ“’ Dawkins๐ŸŽฉ (chorus: socrates died for this shit) mMMMMแŽทะœ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘“๐Ÿ‘ŒะO0ะžเฌ OOOOOะžเฌ เฌ Ooooแต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸŽฉ ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘“๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽฉ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œeuphoric logic slam me the FUCK uP ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€ john cena JOhN cEna

• You can start the CRUNCH EARLY AM REPORTER. Then you can blog to yourself, and argue with yourself about Jon Lester.

• my current job has me coming in at 7am (eastern)...i miss staying up til 2am to watch west coast games.

• Remember when west coast road trips were a good time to catch up on some reading?

• Taboola field is more appropriate.

• we can only hope...

The things you have to do to pay for James Shields contract.

• I wonder if they'll have to make use of the Guaranteed Rate logo, which is a giant red arrow pointing downward.

Brick 9 hours 33 min ago view
  • unsurprisingly, the White Sox continue a tradition of stupid stuff....

@DannyEcker BREAKING: Guaranteed Rate has purchased naming rights to U.S. Cellular Field. Will be known as Guaranteed Rate Field thru 2030.

• that was a very kind 3rd strike to hendricks to end the 3rd.

man on 3rd, 0 outs and got 2 pop-ups and a K...Maddux-lite indeed