Tues Funnies: When does a Cub Fan's service clock start?

With all this talk about Cub prospects and their service clocks, I couldn't help but think about mine.
Click for gif.

My grandfather was a Cub Fan.
Passed down to my dad, then on to me.
I figure my service clock started in the early 1900s.
Do I get to be a Super 2?
Do I get Free Agency?
DO I GET TO SIGN SOME LUCRATIVE CONTRACT?
HELL NO!
It wasn't like I had a choice, man.
I WAS FREAKING BORN THIS WAY.

Whoaaaaa, buddy.
Calm down.
Deep breaths.
In.
Out.
In.
Out.

Okay.
I've waited over a hundred years.
I guess I can wait another year (or so) til Kris Bryant is ready.
I guess Javier Baez could use a little more seasoning.
C.J. Edwards, go ahead and eat.
Get some meat on your bones.

I'll still be here.
Whoever's reading this will be too.

Comments

Maybe I could get traded to the Pirates...

Love it CubbyBlue!!!!

>C.J. Edwards, go ahead and eat.

*golf clap*

"James McDonald told reporters on Tuesday that he is merely battling shoulder tendinitis."

Good news.

CHC/TEX live on MLB Network 10pm (ET)

TEX is on a split squad and currently playing another game. choo is the only "major" name batter in that game, fwiw. chirinos is also playing in that game in case anyone is still interested in him.

Chris Coghlan, 1B
Donnie Murphy, SS
Ryan Kalish, CF
Mike Olt, DH
Javier Baez, 2B ◄──
Rafael Lopez, C
Darnell McDonald, LF
Brett Jackson, RF
Jeimer Candelario, 3B

hammel pitching.

Olt, 2 Run blast in the top of 3rd vs Texas. Almost forgot who's batting next,...almost.

AND THEN BAEZ HITS ONE BACK TO BACK.

Remember Javy.

I don't think he is going to let us forget him. What an amazing swing that guy has.

Reminds me of June 2011 and Wilken saying he thought the Cubs got the best righty and lefty bats in the draft. The lefty was Vogelbach. (And that's why TW has a job with the team today.)

• Some perspective (mostly for my own benefit): Dan Straily beat MadBum 2-1 today as the Reds took 2 of 3 in SF. Giants are 2-9 since the break and their lead over LA is down to 2.5 games. So, yeah...baseball. It'll drive ya nuts.

billybucks 1 hour 29 min ago view
  • McNutt / Archer didn't work out well for us.

QuietMan 1 hour 45 min ago view
  • The floor is more valuable than the ceiling. It's the same reason we drafted Kris Bryant instead of Jon Gray.

John Beasley 2 hours 30 min ago view
  • Apparently the Yankees had the choice of either Gleyber Torres or Eloy Jimenez in the Chapman deal, and they chose Torres.

link

Arizona Phil 3 hours 24 min ago view
  • Chapman shouldn't be reserved anymore on 40 man.

chitownmvp01 7 hours 16 min ago view
  • Interesting split on Heyward according to ESPN. As a CF, his slash line .292/.363/.375/.738. At RF: .212/.204/.300/.604. 21/72 as a CF, 58/273 as a RF.

He's also been better when batting 2nd, but he had a nice start in the 6 hole, but has slumped ever since. He was heating up before the All Star break, but is only hitting .108 in the 2nd half.

chitownmvp01 7 hours 24 min ago view
  • When we played the Reds with Chapman, I always thought of it as an eight-inning game. So now other teams have eight innings to try to get a lead against the Cubs. Should be a challenge, assuming three or four Cubs ever start hitting again.

I don't really try to get to know and like these players personally. I'm rooting for laundry, for the most part. Exceptions might be when a player makes trouble in the clubhouse or in the dugout. (Zambrano and Bradley come to mind. Also Papelbon.) But I don't think Chapman is one of those jerks.

VirginiaPhil 10 hours 57 min ago view
  • Unfortunately, a pretty good summary. It looks like next year Heyward will be getting yet another batting stance adjustment.

The recent good news has been Baez. I'm afraid about the next league adjustment on him, though, which is probably right around the corner.

Bryant I don't worry about too much. Just not seeing the ball well right now. He'll turn it around. Russell's been good with men in scoring position all year and he's 22ish. He'll be fine but next year is likely to be his breakout year.

Old and Blue 13 hours 15 sec ago view
  • If Travis' back-to-back-to-back walks cost Hendricks the ERA title, that would really suck.

• Edit: "A lifeless loss to a lousy Sox team."

• This place is a real downer after a loss to the Sox.

• I expect they will go 5-9 games above .500 the rest of the year. 96-98 wins will win the Division.

They should have one more 2-3 week hot streak in them.

However, several players are just "average" for the last month: Zobrist, Ross, Russell, Ceasar. Montero is terrible, plus he cannot throw anyone out. -WAR. Heyward is abysmal at the plate, but a plus in the OF. Still with RISP he has been terrible. KB has not been driving in runs as of late. But Apparently the team is still above average with RISP according to S Sahadev.

• I came to that realization tonight. I kept expecting them to play better, but now I realize they aren't going to. They are a .500 team now.
    - They have one reliable starting pitcher. Jake's magic is gone, and it doesn't look like it's coming back. Lester has been lousy recently. Lackey's ERA goes up every time he pitches.
    - Heyward has been dead weight all year. I can't remember a single series where he was a significant offensive contributor. Not one. Great defense, but but if he were hitting .270 with 10 HR and played average defense, the Cubs would be better off.

• new rule...no one's allowed to throw k.bryant a changeup

• Team is .500 since early May and is playing like a .500 team. Lack of offense seems to be putting a lot of pressure on the pitchers...and they aren't handling it terribly well.

.500 the rest of the way still may win the division though.

blockhead25 23 hours 23 min ago view
  • ...i hate espn.

nothing like settling into a cubs game to get a few minutes cutaway for an ortiz AB in the 6th inning of the det/bos game.

oh, at least they're doing split screen now...i guess.