Tues Funnies: When does a Cub Fan's service clock start?

With all this talk about Cub prospects and their service clocks, I couldn't help but think about mine.
Click for gif.

My grandfather was a Cub Fan.
Passed down to my dad, then on to me.
I figure my service clock started in the early 1900s.
Do I get to be a Super 2?
Do I get Free Agency?
DO I GET TO SIGN SOME LUCRATIVE CONTRACT?
HELL NO!
It wasn't like I had a choice, man.
I WAS FREAKING BORN THIS WAY.

Whoaaaaa, buddy.
Calm down.
Deep breaths.
In.
Out.
In.
Out.

Okay.
I've waited over a hundred years.
I guess I can wait another year (or so) til Kris Bryant is ready.
I guess Javier Baez could use a little more seasoning.
C.J. Edwards, go ahead and eat.
Get some meat on your bones.

I'll still be here.
Whoever's reading this will be too.

Comments

Maybe I could get traded to the Pirates...

Love it CubbyBlue!!!!

>C.J. Edwards, go ahead and eat.

*golf clap*

"James McDonald told reporters on Tuesday that he is merely battling shoulder tendinitis."

Good news.

CHC/TEX live on MLB Network 10pm (ET)

TEX is on a split squad and currently playing another game. choo is the only "major" name batter in that game, fwiw. chirinos is also playing in that game in case anyone is still interested in him.

Chris Coghlan, 1B
Donnie Murphy, SS
Ryan Kalish, CF
Mike Olt, DH
Javier Baez, 2B โ—„โ”€โ”€
Rafael Lopez, C
Darnell McDonald, LF
Brett Jackson, RF
Jeimer Candelario, 3B

hammel pitching.

Olt, 2 Run blast in the top of 3rd vs Texas. Almost forgot who's batting next,...almost.

AND THEN BAEZ HITS ONE BACK TO BACK.

Remember Javy.

I don't think he is going to let us forget him. What an amazing swing that guy has.

Reminds me of June 2011 and Wilken saying he thought the Cubs got the best righty and lefty bats in the draft. The lefty was Vogelbach. (And that's why TW has a job with the team today.)

• FYI, formatting of the web page is weird.

JoePepitone 2 hours 19 min ago view
  • Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to Gabby Johnson for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.

Jackstraw 2 hours 30 min ago view
  • White Sox new stadium name w apropos logo

jacos 3 hours 11 min ago view
  • it was between that and "more like the CRUNCH REALLY EARLY AM REPORTER because i'm gonna c.r.e.am all over this place."

i chose the classy route.

• Rob G. 3 hours 24 min ago view
  • that was the 2nd greatest piece of performance art since Donald Trump's campaign

• ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€ good shit goเฑฆิ sHit๐Ÿ‘Œ thats โœ” some good๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œshit right๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œthere๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ rightโœ”there โœ”โœ”if i do ฦฝaาฏ so my self ๐Ÿ’ฏ i say so ๐Ÿ’ฏ thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: สณแถฆแตสฐแต— แต—สฐแต‰สณแต‰) mMMMMแŽทะœ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘ŒะO0ะžเฌ OOOOOะžเฌ เฌ Ooooแต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘“๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘“๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽฉ euphoric logic !euphoric loGic๐Ÿ‘Œ thats โœ” some euphoric๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ’ป logic right๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ’ปthere๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ Carl ๐Ÿ”ญ Sagan๐ŸŒŒ๐Ÿ’ซif i do ฦฝaาฏ so gentlemen ๐Ÿ’ฏ i say so ๐Ÿ’ฏ thats euPhoric logic right there Richard ๐Ÿ“’ Dawkins๐ŸŽฉ (chorus: socrates died for this shit) mMMMMแŽทะœ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘“๐Ÿ‘ŒะO0ะžเฌ OOOOOะžเฌ เฌ Ooooแต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’แต’๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸŽฉ ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ’ฏ ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ‘“๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽฉ๐ŸŽฉ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œeuphoric logic slam me the FUCK uP ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€ john cena JOhN cEna

• You can start the CRUNCH EARLY AM REPORTER. Then you can blog to yourself, and argue with yourself about Jon Lester.

• my current job has me coming in at 7am (eastern)...i miss staying up til 2am to watch west coast games.

• Remember when west coast road trips were a good time to catch up on some reading?

• Taboola field is more appropriate.

• we can only hope...

The things you have to do to pay for James Shields contract.

• I wonder if they'll have to make use of the Guaranteed Rate logo, which is a giant red arrow pointing downward.

Brick 7 hours 48 min ago view
  • unsurprisingly, the White Sox continue a tradition of stupid stuff....

@DannyEcker BREAKING: Guaranteed Rate has purchased naming rights to U.S. Cellular Field. Will be known as Guaranteed Rate Field thru 2030.

• that was a very kind 3rd strike to hendricks to end the 3rd.

man on 3rd, 0 outs and got 2 pop-ups and a K...Maddux-lite indeed

• how did Fowler not score from 2nd on a double?

by making bad decisions...