Truth in John Nuveen/Chicago Cubs Advertising

John Nuveen poster for Wrigley Field

From a campaign for Nuveen Investments designed specifically for use in and around the Wrigley Field skyboxes.You can see the rest of the posters here and here.

Comments

One of hundreds of seats at Wrigley Field without obstructive view.

"The Cubs new January schedule means plenty of available seats for the entire family"

"For the low cost of your first-born, you can reserve a season ticket at Wrigley"*
(*additional seats require additional children, children must be in good health and vaccinated)

Nice find!

So I imagine the line-up looks like this:

DH Fukudome
LF Patterson
1b Lee
3b Ram
CF Edmonds
RF Ward/C Soto
C Soto/RF Ward
2b Fontenot
SS Theriot

That looks like an outfield that can turn some outs into doubles.

Theriot also a benchwarmer, as the line-up is:

DH Fukudome

RF Dye
DH Thome
1b Swisher
3b Crede
2b Ramirez
CF Wise

I dont understand playing Ward in RF or giving Cedeno a bat.

this is a 1/2meg image.

link to or download and replace with this. it's 24.6K

i re-sized it to fit the dimensions given in the url source for the image size.

Did it. Thanks, Crunch.

good thing i was able to grab it before the change. new desktop wallpaper!

if you follow the link below the image in the post it sends you to a page with a whole bunch of them (including that one).

i cropped out the image of the ivy going up at wrigley, myself. i considered that one a "gold" find for sure. thanks cubnut.

• Cubs are going to need a 2nd baseman of the future. I'm still not convinced Baez can be that offensively on an everyday basis.

johann 22 min 58 sec ago view
  • Updating: Per @Joelsherman1, #Cubs-#Yankees trade, if completed, would be Chapman for Torres, Warren and likely two others.

Can only imagine they'd only give that much up if he's signing an extension.

Rob G. 37 min 50 sec ago view
  • The official police report on Chapman:

You can draw your own conclusions.

• Where is he going to play for the Cubs?

Rob Richardson 2 hours 57 min ago view
  • That was, ummmm, you know. A joke?

• Even from an on-field perspective, Torres is a 19-year-old beating up High-A pitching who also plays a great SS. Even if he never develops a legit MLB power stroke, he's still an obvious 4-tool guy with a very high floor. Sucks to trade away his next 6-8 years for a closer, albeit a great one.

John Beasley 4 hours 31 min ago view

pretty much sums up my feelings

• You mean Yankees?

QuietMan 10 hours 45 min ago view
  • Cards lose!

Arizona Phil 11 hours 10 min ago view

• I just prefer they don't  acquire players that choke their wives/girlfriends.