Invitation Update

Don't believe what you're hearing on Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, or reading in the NY Post or Daily Mirror or Weekly World News. To set things straight, once and for all.
* No, the Parachat party hasn't been cancelled due to fire-code violations * No, we aren't letting Mariotti be the DJ * No, it's not true that Neifi Perez is threatening to sue us for libel or slander if we go through with the Parachat party * No, the VIP section of the Parachat Club is not a ghost subsidiary of the Tribune
ft-bags you will receive upon entry are not taxable income, the IRS can not go after you for whatever baubles you might receive at the party. * Yes, we've done thorough background check on ALL of the Hell's Angels that we hired for private security. * To the best of our knowledge, no, participating in this event does not make you an "enemy combatant." * Yes, Augie Ojeda will be serving drinks. * Yes, we turned away Paris Hilton, and yes, we got a restraining order on Joan and Melissa Rivers to keep them 1000 feet away. I hope this clears up any confusion. See you in Parachat on Sunday.

Comments

I'm bringing the tacos.

I'll bring the jacos.

"Who's fighting and what for?!?!?!
C'mon people!!!"

"Give my friend Sammy one of those special jacos."

Brick-

I think that's what was Sammy's excuse to leave the last game early in 2004.

Bad jacos.

This is one party that I would definitely volunteer to bring the beer!! Blue Moon anyone?

What are we going to talk about, Da Bearss!

thanks for the tease, Jacos.

for those too lazy to follow the link - he is resigned to the fact that he likely is not coming back.

Oops! I couldn't resist considering this thread has been fun.

Did anyone foul themselves?

Can I still come to the party?

my fault, I'm being the killjoy in the fun-thread that *I* started.

I think if anyone gets uninvted from the party, it should be me.

~sigh~

Carry on without me. Be sure to give Kristin Bell a peck on the cheek for me, in my absence.

Is Tara Reid gonna be there? Cause I ain't going unless Tara Reid is there.

i for one would pay $ 5.00 american to see the hell's angels "escort" andy mac fool and jim hendry off the premises. not that they would actually drop in on parachat; but every 100 years or so, miracles do happen !

perhaps the best scenario is that the cubs game gets rained out, and we can pass around imaginary bottles of virtual liquor and virtually sing imaginary beerhall songs. with no concern at all for the neighbors or the clock !!

I'll bring Anna Benson.

One last Neifi dig- what's the Tigers' record with /without Neifi?

#14 of 15: By DC Tom (September 29, 2006 06:38 PM)
I'll bring Anna Benson.

be sure to bring some penicillin as well.

#15: One last Neifi dig- what's the Tigers' record with /without Neifi?

The Neifi Effect:

79-43 on August 19
Neifi traded to Tigers August 20
95-64 as of September 29

16-21 since August 20 (37 games)

Whaddya mean one last Neifi dig? What's parachat for anyway?!?

• Some perspective (mostly for my own benefit): Dan Straily beat MadBum 2-1 today as the Reds took 2 of 3 in SF. Giants are 2-9 since the break and their lead over LA is down to 2.5 games. So, yeah...baseball. It'll drive ya nuts.

billybucks 3 min 17 sec ago view
  • McNutt / Archer didn't work out well for us.

QuietMan 19 min 28 sec ago view
  • The floor is more valuable than the ceiling. It's the same reason we drafted Kris Bryant instead of Jon Gray.

John Beasley 1 hour 4 min ago view
  • Apparently the Yankees had the choice of either Gleyber Torres or Eloy Jimenez in the Chapman deal, and they chose Torres.

link

Arizona Phil 1 hour 58 min ago view
  • Chapman shouldn't be reserved anymore on 40 man.

chitownmvp01 5 hours 49 min ago view
  • Interesting split on Heyward according to ESPN. As a CF, his slash line .292/.363/.375/.738. At RF: .212/.204/.300/.604. 21/72 as a CF, 58/273 as a RF.

He's also been better when batting 2nd, but he had a nice start in the 6 hole, but has slumped ever since. He was heating up before the All Star break, but is only hitting .108 in the 2nd half.

chitownmvp01 5 hours 57 min ago view
  • When we played the Reds with Chapman, I always thought of it as an eight-inning game. So now other teams have eight innings to try to get a lead against the Cubs. Should be a challenge, assuming three or four Cubs ever start hitting again.

I don't really try to get to know and like these players personally. I'm rooting for laundry, for the most part. Exceptions might be when a player makes trouble in the clubhouse or in the dugout. (Zambrano and Bradley come to mind. Also Papelbon.) But I don't think Chapman is one of those jerks.

VirginiaPhil 9 hours 30 min ago view
  • Unfortunately, a pretty good summary. It looks like next year Heyward will be getting yet another batting stance adjustment.

The recent good news has been Baez. I'm afraid about the next league adjustment on him, though, which is probably right around the corner.

Bryant I don't worry about too much. Just not seeing the ball well right now. He'll turn it around. Russell's been good with men in scoring position all year and he's 22ish. He'll be fine but next year is likely to be his breakout year.

• If Travis' back-to-back-to-back walks cost Hendricks the ERA title, that would really suck.

• Edit: "A lifeless loss to a lousy Sox team."

• This place is a real downer after a loss to the Sox.

• I expect they will go 5-9 games above .500 the rest of the year. 96-98 wins will win the Division.

They should have one more 2-3 week hot streak in them.

However, several players are just "average" for the last month: Zobrist, Ross, Russell, Ceasar. Montero is terrible, plus he cannot throw anyone out. -WAR. Heyward is abysmal at the plate, but a plus in the OF. Still with RISP he has been terrible. KB has not been driving in runs as of late. But Apparently the team is still above average with RISP according to S Sahadev.

• I came to that realization tonight. I kept expecting them to play better, but now I realize they aren't going to. They are a .500 team now.
    - They have one reliable starting pitcher. Jake's magic is gone, and it doesn't look like it's coming back. Lester has been lousy recently. Lackey's ERA goes up every time he pitches.
    - Heyward has been dead weight all year. I can't remember a single series where he was a significant offensive contributor. Not one. Great defense, but but if he were hitting .270 with 10 HR and played average defense, the Cubs would be better off.

• new rule...no one's allowed to throw k.bryant a changeup

• Team is .500 since early May and is playing like a .500 team. Lack of offense seems to be putting a lot of pressure on the pitchers...and they aren't handling it terribly well.

.500 the rest of the way still may win the division though.

blockhead25 21 hours 57 min ago view
  • ...i hate espn.

nothing like settling into a cubs game to get a few minutes cutaway for an ortiz AB in the 6th inning of the det/bos game.

oh, at least they're doing split screen now...i guess.