Open Thread: Fire Transmission

For all those who would rather shoot the messenger.

Comments

Hear, Hear!!

reloading

FOR THE WIN!

Absolutely.

Dude, you still work here?

Dude, you still post here?

I took a more or less six-month uninterrupted LOA, to finish the dissertation. I've been contributing, quite regularly, for the last several weeks.

Funniest article I've ever seen here. Of course, I don't come here as often as a lot of you. Nice job, though.

Are you sure you haven't been fired yet, Trans?

I mean, sure you are still posting, but maybe they've fired you and they are waiting until Friday to fire you?

waiting until friday to tell you that is.

Pretty sure. I've slept with so many people in pursuit of clawing my way onto the front page, they wouldn't dare fire me, now.

I can just imagine myself going on an ax-wielding rampage through TCR Central HQ, in LOCATION CENSORED BY ECHELON

Ax as in lumberjack implement, not as in that stupid body-spray...

Fire McFail.........Keep Transmission

I can say this, I've been fired once and it was on a Friday.

I can also say one of my co-workers just got axed a week ago, and that also happened to be on a Friday.

Good thing if they do fire you, you long haired granola eating Badger!

So all you have to do is sleep with someone to get onto the front page? Who would that be? Or should I just try to make love to my keyboard? again

"So is the Friday Firing thing legit? They fire you on a Friday so that you have the weekend to cool down, and not do something rash like take a weapon into the office the next day?"

I took a class this semester in Organizational Communications and that is exactly what they do.

this is the only thread i will read.

instead of firing you on friday, they should just move your office to the storage room. And remove you from the payroll. It will take care of itself then. Slow and steady, no pain.

What would you steal from work if they fired you?

wait...is TRANSMISSION a 5 speed or 6 speed?

Trans, some body!, we need a new discussion thread for today's game.

trans, Be wary if someone comes in and takes your stapler. another sure sign is if they move extra boxes into your office as storage. Or worse yet is if they move your office into the basement. That happened to my uncle Milton before he retired to the tropics.

I'm going to assume Rob G or Ruz is doing the preview....

What would I steal from the TCR Secret World HQ?

Probably the inflatable Don Zimmer.

(And yes, I catch the Office Space references.)

yeah, transmission......I gonna need you to go ahead and ....... do this next preview......... and ......Im also going to need you to do it on saturday.........so if you could just come on in on saturday.......... and sunday to.......great.....

It's about time someone had the balls to come out and post a "Fire Transmission" thread. Good job Trans.

I say keep Trans....at least he adds some comedy on parachat

...wait, he's a Badger- sheesh! (Go Gophers)

Transmission is a big fraud who poops his pants.

HAH! Ok, Ok, Fire Trans thread wins for comedy-per-post ratio, over the other three open threads.

• he should hit more of those. that would be an ideal outcome. /moneyballs

crunch 37 min 19 sec ago view
  • Russell with 19 RBI in July so far. Grand Slams help.

billybucks 1 hour 18 min ago view
  • ...and Familia with back-to-back blown saves. Blows a one-run lead vs. Rockies today, gets his 2nd consecutive loss.

I am OK with the Mets missing the playoffs and suffering crushing losses at home --- just want them to beat St. Louis.

He played with fire twice agains the Cubs -- unfortunately, the Cubs couldn't stop swinging.

billybucks 1 hour 22 min ago view
  • How about Kyle Farnsworth? I know he was consistently upper 90s.

videographer 3 hours 17 min ago view
  • If he puts up Soriano numbers I will be ecstatic

jacos 5 hours 5 min ago view
  • I think Javy is learning--but he's learning to make contact, not learning to lay off pitches out of the zone. A quick glance at his plate discipline numbers on Fangraphs shows that his contact rate is up, especially his contact rate out of the zone, but his swing rate is up too, especially his swing rate out of the zone.

• I definitely saw ballpark radar guns go up to 102 on Kerry Wood back when he was still a starter, but who knows how accurate they were.

• They've mentioned Henry Rodriguez (2013), Chris Carpenter, and Andrew Cashner as Cubs who have gone 100+. They said Rodriguez was tops at 100.8. Who knows before 2008?

QuietMan 7 hours 17 min ago view
  • Regarding Heyward--

He'll play regardless of what he does, just like Soriano played for seven years before they finally ditched him.

What can they do? All I can think of is they can keep hiring and firing hitting coaches until they find one who can get him to stop hitting balls with the handle of the bat.

(All those broken bats added to his paycheck is just a bit much.)

VirginiaPhil 7 hours 17 min ago view
  • Lester will probably be all right.

I think Arrieta might have added too much muscle preparing for that butt-naked ESPN photo shoot. Pitchers are supposed to be loose, not muscled up.

Seriously.

VirginiaPhil 7 hours 24 min ago view
  • I have basically written off Heyward for this year -- if you are working on major swing changes in late July, you are going to struggle. Hopefully, he can be more productive at the plate next year. It will be interesting to see what they do with him if the Cardinals keep winning and close the gap. Heyward is dead last in the NL in slugging and in the bottom 5 in OPS -- yet still has a positive WAR. Hunh.

• Has anybody in a Cub uniform ever thrown a ball 103 before?

VirginiaPhil 7 hours 31 min ago view
  • He certainly looks better, no doubt, and is a different player than what we saw when he first came up. Full credit to him for changing his approach and saving his career.

But he has zero walks in 35AB since the break, and 10 in 251 AB all year. He does seem to be able to hit some pitches out of the zone, but, a guy with his pop should be drawing more walks. However, it's easy to forget he is still only 23, and probably trying to make an impact to prove he should be an everyday player.

• The usual suspects, Molina and Wong. Gyorko drew a walk with two outs, none on. I recall us (particularly Szczur and Bryant) swinging at everything Familia threw.

VirginiaPhil 7 hours 42 min ago view